CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Confessions of a

SHOPAHOLIC!

I never, NEVER, EVER read girly books. I choose to read books with some value shall I say. However, I think I've missed out on a great area of literature.

Recently I've started reading Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. I have to say that the first book was only ok (for me anyway) but the end was intriguing enough that I wanted to read the second book. At the end of this book I was madly in love with the characters and not only wanted to read the third book, I have read nearly 80 pages in 24 hours because I'm smitten with it!

I have the 4th and 5th books waiting for me. I sure am glad I liked them because I bought the set before trying them just on a recommendation from a group of friends. The covers are delightfully girly and it's just a good light-hearted read for when you have too much other crap happening in life to really care about a deep book.

Sophie Kinsella has a series of 8 vod-casts on iTunes iStore and they are free. Becky Bloomwood is a facinating character that reminds me of Hilary Banks in the 90's Fresh Prince of Bellair tv show. There's also a movie being released soon. I can't wait to see it. I only hope they make a second and third movie because the first book isn't the best book.



I think this is going to be a girls night out movie. However, I'm kinda upset that the movie isn't set in London and she isn't British... she is in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails