CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Book Review... and yes it's been a while

I actually finished this book on the plane while venturing home :) but with the new kiddo and all I didn't have time to write about it.

Dexter is a guilty pleasure for me. I love to watch the show and I have even purchased the DVD's. If you're not into crime novels this one may not be for you, however it is vastly different than any crime novel I've ever read so don't count yourself out just yet!!!!

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay is an ok read. It took me a couple of chapters to get into the book because Lindsay's writing style is quite different from anything I read before. The details are similar to the show however the ending is very different.

For those of you familiar with the show, here are some differences I've noticed

LaGuarta - rich and not good at her job... doesn't like Deborah. She's a detective and well lets just say (don't read any further in this sentence if you plan on reading this book) she won't make it to the next book!
Deborah Morgan - Big chested prostitute type... and then masculin in nature... not in looks
Angel Batista - Not a police officer, works for the coroners office

There are others... like the ice truck killer's differences himself... but it's best to read the book to figure out the rest. I don't want to spoil the fun.

I'm now reading the second book in the series. That's the only two Andrew owns so I probably will have to wait to read the next two.

Here's a shot at the cover if your interested in knowing what to look for...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails