CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Twilight - The Graphic Novel

I read Twilight the Graphic Novel Vol 1. I have to say it is the first graphic novel I ever read.

I was never a fan of comic books growing up, but while in University a couple of my Lit courses emphasized the importance of all types of books/media in reading. The graphic novel is/was seen as a way to reach reluctant readers and share more difficult concepts through pictures rather than text.

I thought it was a great read! It really encompasses the love story that is Twilight but certainly captures it in a new light. It took me less than 2 hours to read the whole book, cover to cover. I bet it could be done in an hour but I wanted to appreciate the artwork. Young Kim illustrated the book and I'd imagine chose the text that Stephenie Meyer wrote in the novel that best went with the illustrations.

I look forward to seeing/reading/purchasing the next volumes.... I'd imagine there will be 10-11 more for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, I didn't realize that this book was available. It's the sort of thing I would like to read with my daughter - just for the graphics. Thanks for sharing it. Also thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. I can't wait to see what you have been sewing on lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first graphic novel was Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I really loved it, but I don't usually read books in that sort of format either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails